- Are you an experienced sailor interested in cruising, but can’t find a berth?
- Would you like to sail from Cape Ann to Boston Harbor or around Cape Cod?
- Perhaps cruise for a week or more in the New England waters, or beyond?
- Would you like to experience a variety of sailboats or visit new sailing grounds?
- Preparing to charter or to purchase your own boat?
If you’ve answered “yes” to any of these, then
The Pelagic Sailing Club is Your Solution!
Pelagic Sailing Club boat owners are interested in crew like you! Their boats are located in harbors from Maine to Rhode Island. Skippers want experienced and qualified crew because they sail almost every weekend and need crew for day sails, weekends, and for extended cruises to places to places such as Nova Scotia, Florida, the Bahamas and the Virgin Islands. Often the fall may be spent helping a boat through the intercoastal waterway. Skippers are looking experienced crew, not only for companionship but for safety under way. Skippers look for crew who know how to sail, how to trim sails, steer, navigate and assist in docking and mooring. As crew you’ll be expected to help with boat maintenance, and enjoy a good sail. To become part of the Pelagic Sailing Club’s Family, get started by requesting your application here!
To that end, each crew applicant needs to complete three evaluation sails with someone who has been a member for at least one year. If you are a member who is going to evaluate an applicant, or a crew applicant about to be evaluated, or anyone else (for that matter), you can download the evaluation form here.