2015 Oct 23 – 25, New Hampshire Fall Getaway Weekend,
(Changed from Oct. 16–18 to Oct. 23-25)
White Mountain Ski Runners Lodge
20 Neighbors Row No. Conway, NH
Bruce & Debbie Herreilers
As for a few years now, the White Mountain Ski Runners (WMSR) has again invited Pelagic to use their charming Lodge in scenic North Conway for our traditional fall getaway. This year, the dates are Friday October 23 thru Sunday October 25.
We used to call this event the “Hiking Weekend”, but in view of the many activities to choose from, I’m changing the title.
Here are examples of the opportunities:
- Sit on the front porch of The Lodge and take in views of Mt. Washington and Cathedral Ledge
- Tour N. Conway’s vast outlet malls, incl. LL Bean, Eddie Bauer and The Kitchen Collection
- Visit the NE Museum of Skiing at Cannon Mt., or ride the Conway Scenic Railroad
- Play pool or ping-pong at The Lodge
- Enjoy a “hot stone massage” at a local spa
- Walk into Arethusa Falls, Sabbaday Falls, or Diana’s Baths
- Visit the AMC Highland Center at Crawford Notch, and walk up Mt. Willard
- Hike up nearby Black Cap for views of Mt. Cranmore and North Conway
- Go horseback riding at Black Mountain
- Go biking. Bring your own, or rent from Stan and Dan Sports, and others
- Hike something a bit more aggressive, based on AMC’s guidelines. In selecting, we’ll remember that none of us are 20 anymore!
Here’s the meal- deal at The Lodge. Friday night is gathering time and everyone is on their own for dinner (the hosts will arrive late afternoon to beat traffic). Perhaps some will want to get together for a meal out or something brought in. We can offer suggestions. Saturday night will be a group dinner. The cost will be $9 p/p including appetizers, wine and dessert. (BYOB for Happy Hours Fri and Sat.) Two hot breakfasts and two bag lunches will be provided at $6 pp per day. That’s $21 p/p for 5 meals. Your hosts will do the shopping. Everyone, however, will be expected to help out either with meal prep, cooking, or clean-up.
NOTE: Lodge policy is that if you sign-up for meals, and then cancel after food has been bought for you, you are financially responsible.
The Lodge is an 1880’s country manor, with several large bedrooms. There are a few double and queen beds, but bunks are the majority of the sleeping accommodations. There are some smaller bedrooms that can be assigned to couples, groups or families, but everyone else will be in either the Men’s Dorm or Women’s Dorm—and, no, you don’t get to choose which! LOWER bunks will be assigned in the order of sign-up. If you want one, sign up early! “Sign-up” means a check in my hands—phone calls and Email don’t count. You will find room assignments posted upon arrival.
ALSO NOTE: Pelagic does not have exclusive use of the lodge. WMSR members may be signing up too. The number of Pelagic guests may need to be curtailed. So…sign-up early; the last sign-up is the first guy bumped! Accepted reservations/checks will be acknowledged by email. Lodge guest fees are $21 p/p per night or $42 for the weekend. So that’s $63 p/p, total, for 5 meals and 2 nights lodging.
TO SIGN UP, please mail a check (payable to Bruce Herreilers).
DEADLINE IS 6 PM, SUNDAY Oct. 18.
Please note I will be in Europe Sept 28—Oct 11, no phone, no email. If your check arrives at my house during that time, I will acknowledge it via email on Oct. 12. For questions during that period, call Tom Peterson (508) 358-9688/(508) 277-4523.
17 Echo Bridge Rd., Franklin, MA 02038
For inquiries, contact Bruce at: 508 520 1039, or email@example.com
Directions will be sent out via e-mail to participants after the deadline. Sign up EARLY to get one of those lowers!